Hi! My name is Dan and I am a professional wedding DJ from the UK, currently residing in sunny Cyprus. I have more than 10 years experience DJ'ing professionally and have DJ'ed at literally hundreds of weddings in restaurants, hotels, resorts, private villas and even luxury yachts out at sea. I operate mainly in the Paphos area, but I happily cover the whole of Cyprus.
I started DJ’ing from the early age of 13 on turntables, playing my favourite music which is UK Garage and Old School R&B. After a few years of constant practice, I became friends with a group of DJ’s that noticed my DJ skills and they invited me to play at various events. I used to DJ at weekends, whilst working a normal job from Monday - Friday until the financial crisis hit in 2008 when I was made redundant. Yes it was a shame, but it ended up being the biggest blessing in disguise that has got me to where I am today.
I had no job and nothing to tie me down, so I thought what shall I do with my life? I had always wanted to work abroad and so I decided to travel to Ayia Napa in Cyprus to continue my DJ career in the sun. I ended up working in most of the bars and clubs at some point or another and had some of the best years of my life there.
Now Ayia Napa is not really a place for romance in my opinion and if you know of Ayia Napa then you will know what I mean! But, luck would have it that I met my wonderful wife Simona there, where we had enormous amounts of fun and then moved to Paphos a year later to start a family. We have a son together called Edward who is a cheeky little monkey and brings me so much happiness. He is now 4 years old and we have been living in Cyprus for 8 years.
It’s when we moved to Paphos that I began my career as a wedding DJ in Cyprus, with the assistance of some helpful wedding suppliers who are now very close friends of mine. I became very busy, very quickly as a Cyprus wedding DJ and by my second season I had performed at around 150 weddings. Since becoming well established as a Cyprus DJ, I perform at over 100 weddings annually. I get most of my work from client recommendations and working with many wedding planners, hotels and wedding venues due to my professionalism, reliability and customer satisfaction.
After performing at hundreds of weddings in Cyprus, I have a huge amount of experience as a wedding DJ. My music collection is incredibly large and diverse due to the countless musical tastes I have encountered over the years.
There are a few wedding DJ’s operating in Cyprus so am I the right one for you? Well with my experience I’m more than capable to please any crowd as I’ve done so many times already. Whether you are into Soul, Motown, Rock, Disco, Indie, Reggae, Classic Pop….you name it I’ve got it and I know the songs that get people dancing. There are however clients that I can honestly say I’m ideal for and that is for those who are after a great combination of Wedding Party Classics and Chart/Club/Dance Music. If you love R&B, Hip Hop, House, Dancehall, Kisstory Dance Classics, UK Garage, Upfront Club music etc…… and want a good mixture of Wedding Classics and Dance music, then I’m the perfect choice for you!
I usually avoid playing cheesy songs to be honest, but if you would like the Macarena then just ask and I’ll be happy to play it for you.
Here are some details about me:
- I’m married with a son
- I’m 30 years old
- I’m an Essex boy
- I live in Paphos but I DJ at weddings all over Cyprus, including good old Ayia Napa
- My favourite music is UK Garage, R&B, Soul & Disco
- My favourite artist is actually Simply Red
- I speak Russian pretty well due to my wife being a sneaky Russian
- I’m a wedding photographer as well as a wedding DJ
Here are some details about my wedding DJ service:
- I’m always smartly dressed and well presented
- I have a very polite, friendly and professional manner
- I don’t drink alcohol while working, but I love food and coffee
- All of my equipment is of a very high standard and well presented
- My RCF speakers are loud enough to entertain 150 people with brilliant sound quality
- I provide excellent lighting for the dance floor including a laser
- 2 microphones will be available for you to use, including a wireless Shure microphone for speeches
- I make necessary announcements on the microphone, but I don’t talk constantly or make jokes
- I’m happy to take requests from your guests if you are
- I’m more than happy for you to send me a playlist of music you would like implemented into my set
- I perform wedding games if requested
- I provide some of my clients with music during the ceremony
- I am a professional wedding photographer in Cyprus also and I offer a DJ & Photography package. Please let me know if you are interested and I will provide you with my packages and prices. Here is my photography website:
So that is me guys! I hope you have enjoyed reading through my story and if I sound like the right wedding DJ in Cyprus for you then please get in touch via the contact page for availability and prices.